I get to go home today, cannot wait! I always feel so isolated when I come up here, because I can't use my cell phone. Plus it's freaking cold! I've been sick this week, but thanks to a Canadian miracle drug (ColdFX) I seem to be getting better.thefridayfive
1. How far back can you trace your family tree?
Personally, to my great-grandparents. But my mom's gone farther back than that, so if I asked I'm sure I could go farther back.
2. What is the most interesting (or strange) thing you've heard about one of your relatives?
My great-aunt on my mom's side was on the Johnny Carson show playing bones (it's a hillbilly thing). I have never seen proof of this, but my mom has told this story for years.
3. How do you feel about legacy names like John Henry Smith IV or naming children after other relatives?
I think naming someone in honor of someone, yet not exactly like them, is better. It gives a sense of tradition while maintaining uniqueness. For example, I am named for my dad's Aunt Janie - Beth Janelle. If I ever have a daughter (highly unlikely), I would like to name her Rose, after my best friend and her family - it's their last name.
4. Would you consider yourself and/or your family to be traditional?
Fairly traditional, yeah. I guess it depends on your definition, but we do have traditions. I like it, it gives a sense of continuity.
5. What is one tradition you have passed on to your children and/or plan to pass on to them?
Again, not planning on it, but if I did, it would be the importance of getting together with your family regularly. My dad's family gets together four times a year, and I think that's been the cornerstone of my family life.fridayfiver
1. American football: good times or couldn't care less?
Couldn't care less. I don't mind to watch it on tv if someone else wants to, and I know the rules, but that's about it.
2. Do you have a favorite sports team?
Nope. I'm genetically required to root for the St. Louis Cardinals, but other than that, I don't get into it.
3. What's your favorite junk food?
4. Are football players paid too much?
5. Who do you think will win this year's Superbowl?
I don't know, who's playing?